A/Prof Julian Smit
+27 (0)21 650 3573
BSc in Surveying (University of Cape Town, 1993)
MSc in Engineering (University of Cape Town, 1995)
PhD in Engineering (University of Cape Town, 1998)
Application of GIS
Photogrammetric technologies in the area of environmental and land management
- Member of the Geographic Information Society of South Africa (GISSA).
- Member of the Western Cape GIS Standards Generating Body.
- Current President of the South African Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (SASPRS).
- Member of the Management and Editorial Boards of the South African Journal of Geomatics.
- South African representative to the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS).
- Co-chair of ISPRS Commission VII, Working Group 4 on Methods for Land Cover Classification.
- South African representative to the International Cartographic Association (ICA), Commission on Mapping from Remote Sensor Imagery.